Thursday, July 19, 2018

who do i love?


If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them.  And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that.  And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, expecting to be repaid in full.  But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because He is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.  Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.
By the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you.
- Luke 6:32-36

I have mentioned this before, but have you ever noticed that there is a lot of repetition in the Bible?
It is like God wants us to understand certain things.
Last week I posted Romans 12:3, which oddly enough reads nearly word for word the same as the last line of today’s verse:
 By the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you.
Hmmmmmmmmm
My wise friend responded to that verse last week, she said A healthy self-esteem is important as long as we don’t overestimate ourselves.  The key to an honest and accurate self-evaluation is knowing the basis of our self-worth, which is our identity in Christ.”
Wow.
We need to remember to reach out to those that we would normally avoid.
Love the sinner, the enemy, and do good (even when no one is watching).
It is definitely the definition of your character, because other people see these traits in you.
I sure hope that I can learn to be as merciful as my God.
  
Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...