Thursday, July 12, 2018

know your value


By the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you.
- Romans 12:3

One time I went into a pretty exclusive little shop with a friend of mine.
We did not know at the time exactly how exclusive it was, until we were looking around and were slightly floored by the price tags.
My friend said quietly to me “They are pretty proud of their stuff!”
I did not understand what she meant at the time, and fortunately my wise friend was always willing to share knowledge and observations (she is reading this and I am confident she knows I am referencing the gazillion conversations we have had *smile*)
My mother used to say that some people had their nose so high up in the air that they would drown if it rained.
When we think of ourselves, we should not hold ourselves in such high regard that others see us as untouchable, proud or vain.
Knowing our value but portraying that as a work of God, rather than the sum of our own deeds is where we want to be in life.
Remember who you are and who made you, and give God the glory, always.
  
Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...