Thursday, July 5, 2018

I want to shine


Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.” Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life.
- Philippians 2:14-15

I cannot even begin to tell you how many times this verse has crept into my consciousness throughout my life!
Although, I admit, it was never in full context when I used it on my kids . . . (ha ha)
Oldie (but goodie) song reference:
I keep trying to find a life
On my own, apart from You
I am the king of excuses
I've got one for every selfish thing I do

What's going on inside of me?
I despise my own behavior
This only serves to confirm my suspicions
That I'm still a man in need of a Savior

I wanna be in the Light
As You are in the Light
I wanna shine like the stars in the heavens
Oh, Lord be my Light and be my salvation
Cause all I want is to be in the Light
All I want is to be in the Light

I see several  generations out in the world that want everything handed to them, and protest everything.
I wish they knew and understood this verse.
I feel that we are still in a “warped and crooked generation”
I know that I cannot change the world, but I can do everything in my power to change me, to shine.
For Him.

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...