Monday, July 9, 2018

i am sad


Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.
- Psalm 30:5

This verse is a repeat, sorry / not sorry.
I first used this verse on May 28th, 2016.
My reason for this verse today, however, is different than it was two years ago.
You see, last week we lost a friend.
Her earthy body is gone, but the love and legacy she left here will not be forgotten.
I am sad, sad that we won’t hear her giggle, that the memories we have made are just memories and that there will be no new memories to make.
But I see the joy in this too.
The 60 plus years she was on earth there was no such thing as a stranger, if you left her house hungry it was your own fault, and she could pretty much make anything you would want.
The 60 plus years she was on earth, she not only knew love, she gave love.
As loved as she was and as much as she will be missed, I truly believe she is dancing with our Father God in the fields of grace. (yes, that was a song reference).
And that brings me joy.
I heard this song for the first time the other day, it seems appropriate.
Everybody's dressed in black
The preacher's saying life goes too fast
The memories have turned to tears
Thinking back on all the years
I know that you're in a better place
But I'm still here missing you today
It isn't easy to say goodbye
But I know it's only for a little while
Run up ahead and I will catch up
'Cause I'm gonna see you when tomorrow comes
On the other side
On the other side
I bet you feel you're finally home
Running down those streets of gold
The kind of peace you can't explain
Looking into Jesus' face
I know that you're in a better place
I know I'll be joining you someday
Where there are no more goodbyes
No more pain, no more tears left to cry
We will join with the angels singing their song
Praising our savior, all the day long
We are going to be sad about our friend for a while, and it is ok to be sad.
Just know that sadness won't last, our joy comes in the morning.

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...