Monday, July 23, 2018

what kind of tree are you?


Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit.  You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.  A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him.
- Matthew 12:33-35

At first, I struggled a little with the first part of this verse . . .
Like how do I make a tree good or bad?
But then I read further, about how a tree is recognized by its fruit. . .  yes, yes, I know an apple tree from an orange tree, from a pear tree.
The mouth speaks what the heart is full of.
OH!
My fruit might be bad if I never care about the things I say or do, and then people will recognize ME by things I have said and done.
OH!
We need to remember that people are always observing, and will be quick to form an opinion based on what they see.
What kind of fruit is on your tree?

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...