Tuesday, April 5, 2022

stronger than that

Weapons made to attack you won't be successful; words spoken against you won't hurt at all.

- Isaiah 54:17a (CEV)

 

One thing that I have learned in this lifetime is that people can be very mean, sometimes they are mean without even trying.

Over the years I have held roles in different organizations ranging from small group leadership to praise bands, from military auxiliary support groups and motorcycle associations, to cat rescue and to the various positions I have held at work. 

There is something that seems to never change no matter what sort of role we have and that is people we have to deal with on a regular basis can be vicious and dramatic.

I’ve had people use words as weapons against me and it did hurt.

I’ve been told the choices and decisions I made were wrong for a group I was leading, that I was not making the group a priority, that I was no longer needed in a role that truly made my heart glad. 
I’ve been given an ultimatum on my participation and on more than one occasion I have left groups that I loved based on someone else’s behavior.

I know that I am not the only one that sees this happening and I know I am not the only one experiencing these sort of weapons.

I also know this: wounds heal.

Scars may remain but we can pull ourselves together and know that we are strong in the Lord. 
For those that use their words and actions as weapons I implore you to think before you speak or act and if you have wronged someone – even if you feel that you were right – apologize for your behavior, a true heartfelt apology – not “I’m sorry if your feelings were hurt” but “I am sorry for what I said or did and for hurting you”, we are stronger than that.

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...