Monday, April 4, 2022

daddy’s hands

I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters,

says the Lord Almighty.

- 2 Corinthians 6:18 (NIV)

 

Yesterday would have been my dad’s 95th birthday on earth, the last 37 years he has celebrated his birthday with the almighty Father in heaven.

He died when I was 15 and as I have aged there are things that are not quite as clear as they used to be, but one thing will always stand out as what made my dad so special is that he adopted me. 

He didn’t have to raise me, he didn’t have to love me, he chose to bring me up as his child and he wanted to be my daddy.

God is the very same in that He wants to be our Dad, He wants us to run to Him when we are hurt or crying.   

Here is a secular song reference for you: 
I remember daddy's hands folded silently in prayer

And reachin' out to hold me, when I had a nightmare

You could read quite a story in the callous' and lines

Years of work and worry had left their mark behind

I remember daddy's hands how they held my mama tight

And patted my back for something done right

There are things that I'd forgotten that I loved about the man

But I'll always remember the love in daddy's hands

Daddy's hands were soft and kind when I was cryin'

Daddy's hands were hard as steel when I'd done wrong

Daddy's hands weren't always gentle but I've come to understand

There was always love in daddy's hands

I remember daddy's hands workin' 'til they bled

Sacrificed unselfishly just to keep us all fed

If I could do things over, I'd live my life again

And never take for granted the love in daddy's hands

Daddy's hands were soft and kind when I was cryin'

Daddy's hands were hard as steel when I'd done wrong

Daddy's hands weren't always gentle but I've come to understand

There was always love in daddy's hands

We sometimes feel that God is hard on us, maybe He has us going through some really tough times that make us feel like He isn’t gentle.

That is when we need to remember that He did sacrifice for us by sending His one and only Son to die for our sin, so we could be closer to Him. 
I don’t want to take for granted the love in our Father’s hands.  

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...