Thursday, April 21, 2022

it hurts

Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others.

- Colossians 3:13 (NLT)

 

I’d like to think that I am a very forgiving person.

I’d like to think that, but as it turns out, I may not be as forgiving as I would like to believe that I am.

I had a friend (past tense) who for some reason decided that she could no longer be my friend.

I had done nothing to her and she has never explained why she chose to turn away although I have my suspicions.

When I see her, she turns away.

It hurts.

I have tried to talk to her and it is the most uncomfortable conversation, like sitting on a cactus.

I have another friend that hurt me very deeply, but that friend has not hidden from me and encourages me to talk about the pain that I feel by the betrayal as I work through the forgiving process. 

It still hurts.

One of the best things that I have heard a pastor say is “forgiveness is when you no longer wish ill against that person”

Whoa . . . we have to want good for the people that hurt us.

Forgiveness does not mean that we will be close with the people that hurt us again, some people are toxic and we simply do not want or need them in our lives.

There re some hurts that are big hurts, that affect us spiritually and emotionally as well as hurting our soul.

We have to forgive in order to heal and yes, it is hard.

Ask God for His help on this, He will be there for you.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...