Friday, September 10, 2021

we remember

I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

- Lamentations 3:20-23

 

Tomorrow is a day we remember as the day that the world stopped turning twenty years ago as America was attacked.

Even though it has been twenty years, America still remembers as we think about the lives that were lost on that day and in the following days, even as recent as August 26th when 13 American soldiers were killed in Afghanistan. 

Tomorrow is a day I remember as the day my younger brother was killed by a guy speeding in a school zone while talking on his cell phone 29 years ago.

Tomorrow is a day people remember Hurricane Iniki devastated the Hawaiian Islands of Kauai and Oahu 29 years ago.

Tomorrow is a sad day for a lot of people, but it is also a day of hope.

The city where my brother died has installed signal lights and set other safety precautions in place, in hope that no other child should lose their life in that intersection.

The islands of Kauai and Oahu have rebuilt homes and business and are relieved to have survived the category 4 hurricane.

Our nation gathered together in solidarity to grieve and rebuild after the attacks.

These are stories of pain, but also stories of hope. 

We need hope again, not only as a nation, but as each individual community and the entire world.

God loves us, His compassions never fail, He will be faithful.

Turn to Him, people.

Please.   

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...