Monday, September 6, 2021

labor

So I saw that there is nothing better for people than to be happy in their work. That is our lot in life. And no one can bring us back to see what happens after we die.

- Ecclesiastes 3:22 (NLT)

 

Do you love your job?

I mean really, really love it?  

I have so many secular songs running though my mind as I am writing this, from Alabama’s I'm in a Hurry (And Don't Know Why) to Harry Chapin’s Cat’s in the Cradle.

We work so hard to get the things we want and do stuff, we sacrifice time with our families and we often sacrifice our own health.

But if we aren’t happy in our work, what are we accomplishing?

At the end of a busy day, do you feel like you made a difference or do you feel like you have to go repeat everything tomorrow?

Even those stay at home parents and the folks that are retired – find something you LOVE. 
Spend time doing things that matter, that make a difference, take time with family and most important, take time to be with God.

The last line of this verse – no one can bring us back to see what happens after we die

We can’t take it with us and we can’t come back.

It is your choice to be happy.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...