Friday, September 17, 2021

losing strength

While I was losing all my strength, I remembered the Lord. And my prayer came to You, into Your holy house.

- Jonah 2:7 (NLT)

 

I am pretty open on my thoughts in my “daily bread”. 

I had the honor of leading a women’s ministry group for a few years, I was researching devotions to be shared at our meetings and found this little gem “the best devotions are not words on a page, but real life experience that comes from the heart”. 

Wow.

After that, I started choosing verses that touched me, that spoke to me, that I felt like God wanted me to share.

Opening up is hard, but sometimes if we know that someone else has had a similar experience it makes us feel a little less alone.

When we lose our strength, when we just can’t go on, we need to remember that we are not alone, that we just need to turn to God.

Sometimes that is hard too, so I would encourage you to reach out to someone that can cast out a life preserver when you feel like you are going under water.

Losing strength, losing faith, giving up, all of these things can destroy our soul.

We need each other and we need God.

I’m giving you homework for the weekend – determine who your lifelines are. 

Never face trouble alone when you have God, if you’re lost, seek Him.

He is always home.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

 

1 comment:

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...