Tuesday, June 29, 2021

don’t lie to me

An honest witness does not deceive, but a false witness pours out lies.

- Proverbs 14:5

 

“Liar, liar, pants on fire!”

We all heard that growing up, right?

As children we are taught not to lie because even a little tiny lie can grow out of control.

Even Veggie Tales had an episode about lying: Larry-Boy and the Fib from Outer Space!  (oh my gosh, I miss Veggie Tales!)

Lies hurt, lies can destroy lives and no one likes to be lied to or about.

Often when we are faced with a difficult encounter, we find it easier to lie that to tell the truth because “we don’t want to hurt someone’s feelings” or “it’s easier than trying to explain the truth” or my favorite “I don’t know, it was just easier to lie”. 

When we start with a lie, more lies join in and pretty soon it is hard to discern the truth.

When we lie to others and they find out we lied (and they will find out, believe me) their trust in us is broken and soon they will not trust us at all.

Honesty, even when painful really is the best policy, and we can learn to be truthful without being hurtful.

Even little lies will come back to bite us, so it’s better to stick to the truth.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...