Tuesday, June 8, 2021

perfection

Since the days of our fathers to this day we have been very guilty, and for our iniquities we, our kings, and our priests have been delivered into the hand of the kings of the lands, to the sword, to captivity, to plunder, and to humiliation, as it is this day. And now for a little while grace has been shown from the Lord our God, to leave us a remnant to escape, and to give us a peg in His holy place, that our God may enlighten our eyes and give us a measure of revival in our bondage.

- Ezra 9:7-8 (NKJV)

 

There are a lot of things that we have to face every day that put us on the edge of a cliff in our minds.

Some have chronic (and sometimes inexplicable pain), some so much going on in their lives that they are stretched thin, some are locked in their own minds as a result of things that happened to them in the past.

It is hard to get through each day when we constantly fight discouragement.

I read a poem last week, that struck a chord with me:

I cannot show my children perfection, but I can illustrate excellence. 
I cannot always give them their way, but I can demonstrate compromise. 

I cannot make their path easy, but I can help them learn determination.

I cannot keep them from feeling pain, but I can teach them how to love.

I cannot force their relationship with You, Lord, but I can hold them up to you in prayer.

When I read that, I was not sure if I was the child or the parent at first.

We are not always perfect humans, our path is not always easy and life is full of pain, but if we have a relationship with God, well, we have that remnant to escape, and receive revival, even when we are held down from the bondage of life.  

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...