Friday, June 18, 2021

thirty years

Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him.

- 1 Thessalonians 4:13-14

 

Today marks the thirtieth anniversary of the death of my brother.

It still makes me sad because he was too young to die, and I was not ready to lose him.

As the years have passed, the sting has faded but I still hurt, we had a lot of unfinished business.

Song reference to a secular song that reminds me a of my brother, since he was 9 years older than me, and stepped in to raise me after our dad passed away: 
Goodbye to you, my trusted friend

We've known each other since we were nine or ten

Together we've climbed hills and trees

Learned of love and ABC's

Skinned our hearts and skinned our knees

Goodbye my friend, it's hard to die

When all the birds are singing in the sky

Now that the spring is in the air

Pretty girls are everywhere

Think of me and I'll be there

We had joy, we had fun

We had seasons in the sun

But the hills that we climbed

Were just seasons out of time

Goodbye Papa, please pray for me

I was the black sheep of the family

You tried to teach me right from wrong

Too much wine and too much song

Wonder how I got along

Goodbye Papa it's hard to die

When all the birds are singing in the sky

Now that the spring is in the air

Little children everywhere

When you see them, I'll be there

We had joy, we had fun

We had seasons in the sun

But the wine and the song

Like the seasons have all gone

We had joy, we had fun

We had seasons in the sun

But the wine and the song

Like the seasons have all gone

This last year has brought a lot of death to our families, and that loss can be overwhelming.

We had our seasons with our loved ones, and it is important to remember that they are with the Father, we need not grieve forever (I know it is easier said than done) because we will meet again in the Father’s house. 

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...