Monday, June 14, 2021

we’re lucky

The Lord our God is merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against him

- Daniel 9:9

 

I wasn’t the best kid growing up, I haven’t been the best wife or mother over the years, and I think if anyone reading this thinks that they were or are still perfect, you’re not facing the truth about yourself or your world. 

I have often wondered how my parents, kids or husband still loved me after I was being especially naughty, mean or rude.

How does our Father still love us because we have not been the children He wants us to be,

We are so lucky.

Our God forgives us, has mercy on us.

Song reference! 
God, I'm on my knees again

God, I'm begging please again

I need you

Oh, I need you

Walking down these desert roads

Water for my thirsty soul

I need you

Oh, I need you

Your forgiveness

Is like sweet, sweet honey on my lips

Like the sound of a symphony to my ears

Like Holy water on my skin

Dead man walking, slave to sin

I wanna know about being born again

I need you

Oh, God, I need you

So, take me to the riverside

Take me under, baptize

I need you

Oh, God I need you

Your forgiveness

Is like sweet, sweet honey on my lips

Like the sound of a symphony to my ears

Like holy water on my skin

(On my skin)

I don't wanna abuse your grace

God, I need it every day

It's the only thing that ever really makes me wanna change

Your forgiveness

Is like sweet, sweet honey on my lips (yes, it is)

Like the sound of a symphony to my ears

It's like holy water

We are lucky, and we need to extend the love, mercy and forgiveness that God gives us to those around us too.

The next time your parents, spouse or kids make you angry, remember that you should have mercy on them just like God has mercy on us.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...