Wednesday, June 23, 2021

we will overcome

And they have defeated him by the blood of the Lamb and by their testimony. And they did not love their lives so much that they were afraid to die.

- Revelation 12:11 (NLT)

 

Today’s comments come from my dear friend Leon in response to last Tuesday’s Daily Bread “how did we get here”:

Sharing your testimony with others is a must for all Christians. When giving your testimony you tell how you came to trust in Christ alone as your Lord and Savior. You tell how God opened your eyes on how you were in need of a Savior.

Testimony is a form of praise and honor to Christ. It is sharing with others the events that led up to our salvation and how God has worked in our lives to bring us to our faith.

We also use it as a way to encourage others. Know that every time when you’re going through trials and sufferings in life, that’s an opportunity to share a testimony of how God worked in your life and made you stronger.

Remember, testimony is not only the things that we say. The way we live our life is a testimony to unbelievers as well.

Your story is the key that can unlock someone else’s prison.

I have a song reference too (of course I do!)

Seated above, enthroned in the Father's love

Destined to die, poured out for all mankind

God's only Son, perfect and spotless one

He never sinned but suffered as if He did

All authority

Every victory is Yours

All authority

Every victory is Yours

Savior, worthy of honor and glory

Worthy of all our praise, You overcame

Jesus, awesome in power forever

Awesome and great is Your name, You overcame

Power in hand speaking the Father's plan

You're sending us out, light in this broken land

All authority

Every victory is Yours

Savior, worthy of honor and glory

Worthy of all our praise, You overcame, You overcame

Jesus, awesome in power forever

Awesome and great is Your name, You overcame, yeah

We will overcome by the blood of the Lamb

And the word of our testimony, everyone overcome

Being a Christ follower is not about comfort, and it’s not easy, though it can be comforting and it lightens our burdens.

We don’t overcome by being afraid, we are called to go forward, even when the road is hard and we may feel all alone.

Over the years I have found myself becoming more vocal about my faith and over the past few months, I have found myself facing my fears head on.

I would hope that hearing my testimony will lead someone toward a path with the Father, after all, it is up to us.

How can you help someone today?

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...