Wednesday, June 9, 2021

story time

Remember the days of old; consider the generations long past. Ask your father and he will tell you, your elders, and they will explain to you.

- Deuteronomy 32:7

 

I love to sit with older people and hear stories of their past, what things were like when they were growing up, how people handled different situations, and especially reactions to new things. 

One of my favorite memories with my in-laws is sitting on the front porch on a beautiful Iowa evening, my sister-in-law had a book with questions in it that were geared toward a younger generation asking an older family member, so we were talking to Grandma Marie.

Each question she would think for a moment and answer with wisdom and knowledge that she had gained throughout her years, it was inspiring, amazing, tear-jerking and sometimes her answers provoked laughter. 

I may not remember every word that she shared that evening but I will never forget her face lighting up as she shared some of her happiest memories with us.

The Bible has many stories in it, some of the greatest stories ever told, and this is knowledge that we should have and share.

The knowledge that our elders have also needs to be passed down, it might surprise you how much they actually know, and how much of their life lessons are still very relevant today.   

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...