Wednesday, June 30, 2021

blame it on the rain

I will send you rain in its season, and the ground will yield its crops and the trees their fruit.

- Leviticus 26:4

 

I can remember growing up in the midwest, this time of year the rain was coming less often and it was getting hotter and drier.

My mother, having grown up on a farm, referred to it as the “dog days of summer”.

I used to think that meant that we would have a bunch of dogs running loose in the neighborhood, but instead it was referring to extreme hot and humid days coming in July and August. 

If you are into astronomy, you also recognize that the dog days of summer generally coincides with the early rising of Sirius the Dog Star, when the star is visible in the eastern sky prior to the sunrise. 

In ancient Egypt, the Nile River flooded each year, bringing with the waters the rich soil that was needed to grow crops in the desert.

Read today’s verse again, God said in that He would send rain in its season and the ground would yield its crops.

I feel like this is just further proof that God does take care of us, seeing to our every single need.

If God can send rain to grow crops in a desert, why is it hard for us to believe that He will move mountains for us?

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...