Tuesday, November 19, 2019

husbands and wives


The same goes for you husbands: Be good husbands to your wives. Honor them, delight in them. As women they lack some of your advantages. But in the new life of God’s grace, you’re equals. Treat your wives, then, as equals so your prayers don’t run aground.
- 1 Peter 3:7 (MSG)

I’m going to get mushy today  . . .  happy birthday to my wonderful, amazing husband – I love you.
Everyone has heard at some point in time that women should strive to be a Proverbs 31 wife.
(Proverbs 31:10-31 is listed as “the Wife of noble character”)
I am very fortunate, my husband makes it easy to be a Proverbs 31 wife, he is an amazing man and I am SO blessed.
We are a team, when someone asks me to do something and I say I will talk to my husband, I am not asking permission, I am respecting him and any plans he may have.
It is a two way street, he respects me in the same way.
The last few months he has been my rock, going above and beyond expectations to care for me while I have been a mess.
I don’t know why God put us together, but I am very thankful that He did.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...