Wednesday, November 13, 2019

who are you?


Everything they do is done for people to see: They make their phylacteries wide and the tassels on their garments long;
- Matthew 23:5

I had to research the word “phylacteries”.  It means boxes containing Scripture verses, worn on forehead and arm.
In Matthew 23, Jesus is warning us against hypocrisy.
He tells us that some of the teachers do not practice what they preach, that they burden others with terrible things, yet will not lift a finger to help others.
I know people like this.
People that criticize others over miniscule things – things that should not matter – yet in the same breath they do the same to others that they have criticized on one.
We always tell our children to “do as I say, not as I do”, but what is the lesson there?
We need to be sure that we are living our lives for Jesus 100% of the time.
Our actions, the things that people see, they need to come from your heart, from a place of devotion to God, and not because we need someone else to see us and praise us for our good deeds.
If you are serving God for the praise and admiration of others, you are serving the wrong God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...