Tuesday, November 12, 2019

apples to apples


Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to stumble! Such things must come, but woe to the person through whom they come!
- Matthew 18:7

I looked up at my fruit basket the other day and saw that one of my apples had turned pretty icky.
As I moved the apples around to throw away the smooshy one, I see that more than one of the apples had turned bad.
I remember the old saying about one rotten apple can spoil the whole barrel, and I see that it is true, that one bad apple has spread it’s influence and now others are bad.
Do you see the correlation between the icky apples and people?
People spread their influence and often lead others to sin.
People are just like lemmings sometimes, and simply follow the crowd without thinking,
Don’t be the bad apple – think about how you influence people around you.
Lead them toward God, not away from Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...