Thursday, November 21, 2019

I care


For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.
- Matthew 25:35-36

Thanksgiving is next week.
A lot of people will be sitting at a table laden with yummy food and surrounded by family.
Some people will be working, whether it’s at a restaurant serving the above happy people or in retail preparing for what is quoted as the biggest shopping day of the year.
Still others will be home alone because they can’t afford a meal, or because they don’t have family.
With all the craziness in my life since August, I doubt that we are having a huge meal this year, but that doesn’t matter – if you are in the area and otherwise alone, come to my house.
We may not have turkey and trimmings, and we may sit on the couch with TV trays, but family is family, chosen by God or chosen by us and no one should be alone.
I care.
Call me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...