Wednesday, November 27, 2019

anxiety


When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul.
—Psalm 94:19

Anxiety is a very real thing.
I was doing some research and I found this statement:
The bible does not state what causes anxiety, because God considers anxiety to be a crisis of faith. The belief here is that anxiety shows that the person has not yet been able to put full trust in God, because fear itself is something that is meant to be relinquished as every person is meant to be part of God's plan.
Hmmm
Jehoshaphat suffered from anxiety, as did Job.
We are given tools to deal with our anxiety: tools like prayer, God’s promises, being thankful for what we have.
My anxiety hits an all-time high when I feel things are out of my control.
Shopping is something that sends me skyrocketing into an anxiety filled balloon from which it seems there is no escape.
My faith tells me that God is in control, that I need to trust Him to get me through each situation.
You know what? 
He has not let me down yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...