Monday, November 18, 2019

work hard


Work hard so you can present yourself to God and receive his approval. Be a good worker, one who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly explains the word of truth.
- 2 Timothy 2:15 (NLT)

Food for thought –
According to SocialSecurity.gov, retirement age in the US is now 65-67, depending on your birth year, but the longer you work, you get more from Social Security.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, most people work over 9.4 hours per day and over 50 hours per week. 
According to the Mayo Clinic, adults need 7-9 hours of sleep per night.
Ok, bear with me while I math . . .
24 hours in a day, 7 days in a week = 168 hours per week.
Minus the 50 hours that we work = 118
If we get 7 hours of sleep each night, that is 49 hours per week, if we get 9 hours then it is 63 hours.
That leaves us 55 hours per week, to eat, be with our families and spend time with God.
If you live your life for God at all times, you don’t have to separate out the time for Him, because you are always working for Him.
I am not ashamed of the truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...