Thursday, November 28, 2019

Happy Thanksgiving


Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever.
- 1 Chronicles 16:34

Happy Thanksgiving!
Ann Voskamp wrote a book called One Thousand Gifts, my small group did a study on her book not too long ago.
It is really an amazing book with very good lessons inside.
There are so many quotes I could give here, but today, today I like this one:
“Thanksgiving-giving thanks in everything-prepares the way that God might show us His fullest salvation in Christ.”
So what if your huge meal is not on the table at exactly noon.
Who is going to care if the mashed potatoes are lumpy?
What does it matter if your pie isn’t blue ribbon worthy?
At the end of the day when everyone is sleeping off the tryptophan (by the way, that is a myth!) take a look around.
I bet if you try you can come up with one thousand gifts for which you can give thanks.
Happy Thanksgiving!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...