Monday, May 13, 2019

decision making time


They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.
- Acts 2:42

I am blessed to belong to a wonderful church with great leadership and sermons that make sense.
This week’s sermon was focused on prayer and wow, not only did it hit home, but it was really something I needed to hear, so I am going to share some of the bullet points:
  • Prayer is always priority # 1 – prayer should be the most frequent language we speak.
  • Prayer works! – I personally have seen miracles brought about by people lifting a situation to God in prayer!
  • Praying together changes things – back up to the previous bullet – when you pray the right prayers, God shows up in your lives!
  • Don’t give up if you don’t get your answer right away. Too often we give up on prayer and move on a little too quick, we need to stick with it. What if the prayer you need to pray is not “give me money to get out of debt” but instead “make me a good steward of what You have given me”?
  • Send for the Boss! (I like this one) when you have a tangled mess on your hands, don’t try to untangle it alone – get the Boss involved!
  • Prayer is the most active form of faith that a Christ follower has. Give God your mess.
  • Prayer is a weapon of war – when we pray things change, God shows up, He untangles the mess.  
There is no prayer too big or too small for God.
What decision do you have to make in your life that prayer won’t help?
Have a blessed day.

P.S. if you are looking for a church home in the NWA area, I attend Rogers Christian Church at 2501 W Oak Street.  This week (May 19th) we are having our annual Church on the Lawn and it will be amazing! One service at 11am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...