Thursday, May 16, 2019

have mercy


Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
- Matthew 5:7

Mercy is defined as compassion or forgiveness shown toward someone who does not deserve it.   
Can you think of a time that you were shown mercy when you did not deserve it? 
How about that D that you got on a paper in high school, when you put little to no effort into it and really should have received a failing grade?
Or how about that time you were speeding and the officer let you off with a warning.
Can you think of a time that you were merciful toward someone else? 
Maybe you let a mom with a screaming child cut ahead of you in line at the grocery store, or maybe you gave something that you no longer needed to someone who desperately did.
I have found in my life that when I take care of others, God takes care of me.
Song reference!
Before I spoke a word, You were singing over me
You have been so, so good to me
Before I took a breath, You breathed Your life in me
You have been so, so kind to me
Oh, the overwhelming, never-ending, reckless love of God
Oh, it chases me down, fights 'til I'm found, leaves the ninety-nine
I couldn't earn it, and I don't deserve it, still, You give Yourself away
Oh, the overwhelming, never-ending, reckless love of God, yeah
When I was Your foe, still Your love fought for me
You have been so, so good to me
When I felt no worth, You paid it all for me
You have been so, so kind to me
And oh, the overwhelming, never-ending, reckless love of God
Oh, it chases me down, fights 'til I'm found, leaves the ninety-nine
And I couldn't earn it, and I don't deserve it, still, You give Yourself away
Oh, the overwhelming, never-ending, reckless love of God, yeah
There's no shadow You won't light up
Mountain You won't climb up
Coming after me
There's no wall You won't kick down
Lie You won't tear down
Coming after me
Oh, the overwhelming, never-ending, reckless love of God
Oh, it chases me down, fights 'til I'm found, leaves the ninety-nine
And I couldn't earn it, I don't deserve it, still, You give Yourself away
Oh, the overwhelming, never-ending, reckless love of God, yeah
If I am not being very Christ like, maybe I am grumbling about the timing or even kind of snarky about the task – these are times when I don’t deserve mercy.
But God still finds a way to give compassion right back to me.
Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...