Tuesday, May 28, 2019

I’m done with worry


Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that He may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
- 1 Peter 5: 6-7

Our pastor told us a while ago that if we were going to memorize one verse from the Bible it ought to be this one.
I like it.
I need to live it. > Boy do I need to live it! 
What could I possibly have that God can’t handle? 
What is there in the world of which God doesn’t have knowledge?
Nothing. Not. One. Tiny. Thing.

Song reference!
I'm trading my sorrow
I'm trading my shame
I'm laying it down for the joy of the Lord
I'm trading my sickness
I'm trading my pain
I'm laying it down for the joy of the Lord
And we say yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord
Yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord
Yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord Amen
I'm pressed but not crushed persecuted not abandoned
Struck down but not destroyed
I'm blessed beyond the curse for his promise will endure
And his joy's gonna be my strength
Though the sorrow may last for the night

His joy comes with the morning
Maybe we should add in a verse about “I’m trading my worry, I’m trading my fear”.
So it is time for me to suck up my pride, fall on my knees and give it all to Him.
No one cares more than He does.
Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...