Friday, May 17, 2019

baby steps


Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much.
- Luke 16:10

I know that some of today’s commentary won’t apply to everyone, because we were all raised in different generations, but just hang with me for a moment, I’ve got something to say!
One time when I was a pre-teen, I asked permission to walk to the little mom & pop store several blocks away. I was with a friend and we both had some allowance we wanted to blow on candy or something.  My mother would not let me go for whatever reason so I asked to go to my friend’s house.  Once there, we proceeded to ask her mother’s permission to go to the same store.  Her mother asked what my mother thought of our plan to which we promptly replied, “oh it’s ok, my mother lets me do it all the time!” She let us go and we skipped off happily thinking we had fooled our moms.
Well, call it a mother’s intuition or whatever you want, my mother called hers and discovered what we had done.  As were walking out of the store with our treasures, my very angry mother pulls up in her car, took my friend home and grounded me for like ever!
It took a long time before my mother would trust me again, and I really didn’t understand what the big deal was, but you see, I had broken her trust with a tiny little lie.
When we want a big promotion at work , we need to show that we deserve it by excelling at the small tasks.  You would not graduate from high school and immediately be hired as a CEO of a company, you have to work your way up there, proving that you are going to succeed.
It is very similar with God (after all, He is your Father!).
You have to be honest with God, don’t try and hide what you are doing or saying. 
Prove to God that you can be trusted with the small jobs and He will trust you with the bigger ones.
Start with your heart, be right with God and then you can move on to the bigger things He has planned for you.
Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...