Monday, May 27, 2019

broken hearted


It was also called Mizpah, because he said, “May the Lord keep watch between you and me when we are away from each other."
- Genesis 31:49

I am completely broken hearted. On Saturday, I watched part of my heart leave.
My very dear friends are returning to India for what we all hope is only a year.
But watching them go just breaks my heart. 
These are good people, Christ followers and strong in their faith. 

I know God is watching over them, and me. 

Jacob and his father in law also had to part ways, but they made a promise, a covenant to each other. 
To ensure that covenant was honored by both, they set up a pile of rocks, shared a meal and offered a sacrifice.
Obviously in this day and age, we will not offer a sacrifice, but we’ve shared several meals and I will say that I have faith that the Lord will watch over both of us, until the day when we can eat a meal together again.
Have a blessed day.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...