Tuesday, February 5, 2019

you really think you are something, don’t you?


If anyone thinks they are something when they are not, they deceive themselves.
- Galatians 6:3

Building off yesterday’s message about pride, use this verse as a reminder that it is not all about you (or me!).
Job interviews and evaluations are hard for me, because we are told to “sell ourselves” in an job interview and to brag on everything we have accomplished in an evaluation.
I guess that I am always afraid that if I say all these wonderful things about myself I will become prideful, and I don’t want to be “that” person.
When we are not “selling ourselves” we are more inclined to notice when others need our love and attention.
Pay attention to those around you, fill them with God’s light and love.
Then you won’t fool yourselves into thinking you are something you are not.
Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...