Thursday, February 14, 2019

you are mine


But now, this is what the Lord says— He who created you, Jacob, He who formed you, Israel: “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
- Isaiah 43:1

Valentine’s day. . . there are lots of opinions about this day, some are kind of messed up!
There is also a lot of history behind the day of giving candy and gifts.
From the saints in the Catholic church, to pagan roots (Lupercalia – a fertility festival), it has been declared un-Christian, today it is recognized as a significant cultural, religious, and commercial celebration of romance and romantic love in many regions around the world, although it is not a public holiday in any country.
I’ve heard it called Valentine’s Day, Saint Valentine’s Day, the feast of Saint Valentine and singles awareness day.
The card/candy/flower industry absolutely thrives on this holiday, as Valentine’s Day is the second largest card-sending holiday of the year, and all of those cards say one thing: “Be Mine”
We already belong to someone – right there in scripture, we are told “you are mine”.
I get kind of warm and fuzzy thinking that God has already declared me to be His.
Warm, fuzzy and loved.
Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...