Tuesday, February 12, 2019

are you my friend?


But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.
- Luke 6:27-28

Friendship is kind of a fickle thing, isn’t it?
I have always had trouble making friends, I mean, I have lots of people that I talk to, lots of people that I interact with, but finding those true-blue-i-would-die-for-you friends, well, there are only a handful of those.
I have been hurt a lot by friends, I am sure we all have.
Those narcissists that you have trouble cutting out of your life, the person who is always right, the anything-you-can-do-i-can-do-better competitive person, the person that wants everything that you have and is willing to go to any length to get it – these are the ones that I seem to attract.
Maybe I have just gotten wiser in my old age, or maybe I am a bit more cynical or hesitant.
But no matter how these people are, God wants us to love them.
Really truly love them and pray for them.
Abraham Lincoln said “Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?”.
So maybe we should try a little harder, love a little more.
I am going to work on this.
Have a blessed day!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...