Wednesday, February 6, 2019

live out your calling


As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received.
- Ephesians 4:1

Paul was in a Roman prison when he wrote those words.
I cannot imagine what it was like to be in prison back then – I am sure it was not three meals a day and a warm bed at night.
I am guess that there was not “yard time” or recreation time either.
I believe the depiction of shackles and chains to be more accurate for prison in Paul’s time.
Paul’s calling, I believe, was to share the word of God across the nations.
To encourage people to live a life for Christ, even when his own life was limited due to imprisonment, he wrote letter after letter to encourage others to live their best life for Christ.
Think about what is on your heart, what your calling really is, and then live your life worthy of that calling.
Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...