Tuesday, January 15, 2019

just ask

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  
- Matthew 7:7
 
I know a lot of people that feel like this verse is a lie.
They tell me that they have prayed and prayed for something and that God does not give them that thing for which they are asking, that they are looking for answers but not getting anywhere. They even say that they have knocked and no one is home.
I challenge anyone that feels this way.
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
Are you forgetting one very important thing when you are asking, seeking and knocking?
Are you asking for the right things, seeking the answer to the correct questions, knocking on the door God wants to open for you?
I can remember many times that I have prayed for a specific thing, a job, a car, yes, even a boy (when I was in high school of course).
I can remember “making deals” with God, like if You just let me have this job I swear I will give You 10% of every cent I make.
Here is the thing – that job that I wanted so bad, it was not where God wanted me.
Those answers I was seeking, they were not the right questions to put me on the path God wanted me to follow.
And that door I was pounding on to get inside? Well, that door was probably leading me to a very bad place, so no, God didn’t open it.
We have to learn to ask, seek and knock in the right way, we have to know that it is God’s will that is going to happen.
Personally, when I pray for something specific I pray that it is God’s will – for example:  “I really want my friend to get this new job and if it is Your will, please put the pieces in place”.   
If you trust in Him, and you seek His will, you will receive what you ask for, find what you are seeking and the door will open.
Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...