Tuesday, January 29, 2019

FaceBook official


Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely.
- Matthew 5:11

Social media can be a horrible thing.
Seriously, it started out as a really cool way to keep in touch with family and friends.
I personally have rekindled friendships from grade school with people that I never dreamed would be my friends again.
Growing up, my family was not at all social, so thanks to social media, I have found cousins that I never met, and maintained relationships with some of my favorites.
Then there is the flip side.
Holy catfish there are some drama llamas out there.
I have seen marriages ruined because of things said and done on social media.
I see friendships destroyed because of careless typing.
I see a country falling apart around me because everyone’s opinion on politics is “right” and if you don’t agree, then you must not be a friend.
I hate that the world has come to this.
People are hating on people they should love on, and saying terrible things.
People are not standing up for each other and much less for themselves in a loving and Christ – like manner.
So. Many. Lies.
Well, I am making it “FaceBook official”.
I love the Lord. I love Jesus. I am trying to live my life for Him.
I want you in my life – if I did not want you here, you wouldn’t be reading this right now.
Next time you see someone saying terrible things about another human, resist the urge to insert your opinion.
Pray that we all can find a way to maybe meet in the middle and be friends again.  
Have a blessed day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...