Thursday, January 17, 2019

don't look at me!


But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”
- 1 Samuel 16:7

Stop looking at me!! MOOOOMM!!  He’s looking at me!!!!
If you have never heard that phrase, you have not been around children much!
I remember saying it growing up, I remember hearing it in school, and in the (very few) children’s classes I have taught I heard it many times.
When I said it, I was referring to my brother giving me dirty looks, pointing out a flaw on my face, or sometimes not even facing my direction. 
Don’t think for a moment that I was not being a mean and horrible sister!
Thankfully, our God doesn’t look at our outward appearance, He doesn’t care if we have a zit on our nose.
It doesn’t matter to Him if our lipstick is smudged or if we have to have super thick glasses.
What matters to Him is our heart.
I sure hope that He likes what He sees when He looks at my heart.  
Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...