Friday, July 28, 2017

light up the world

You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
– Matthew 5:14-16

How do you view your identity as a follower of Christ?
Is it as a good church goer?
Or reading your bible every day?
Jesus goes past all of that and calls us the light of the world.
Do we see ourselves as a force that illuminates all that is around us?
Song reference!
We are the light of the world
We are the city on a hill
We are the light of the world
We gotta, we gotta, we gotta let the light shine
We are called to spread the news
Tell the world the simple truth
Jesus came to save, there’s freedom in His name
So let his love break through

Every day people see you. 
What do they see?
Do they see the person you are, the person that God wants you to be, or the person that your boss/spouse/society wants you to be? 
I don’t like trying to keep those three separate personas, I want to be the person that God wants me to be. 
I saw a quote once that said “When you are not the person God has called you to be, you keep others from being the person God has called them to be.”
I want to be the person that God wants me to be. 
If that means letting my light shine, well then, I hope I am blinding!!


Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...