Thursday, July 13, 2017

Plans for hope

 "I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
—Jeremiah 29:11

At the point of our birth, really even before we are born, God knows what He has in store for us.
As we get older, we face some very real struggles and some of us (me) need this constant reminder – that God has a plan. 
In the midst of despair, God has promised prosperity, hope, and a future.
Jeremiah told God's people that 70 years after the devastation in Israel, God would deliver and restore them.
How many times along the way did these people abandon God?
How many times have we abandoned Him?
But He did not abandon them or His promises to them.
And He won’t abandon us.
He was faithful.
And He is faithful.
In fact, even while they went on their way doing terrible things, God was planning and preparing a bright future for them.
Let this be a reminder to us that no matter how deep our own personal gloom may seem, God does have plans for us.
He will keep His promises to us.
He will deliver and bless us.
We can have a vibrant hope and a bright future because of His faithfulness and our trust in Him.
Song reference! (wow – three in a row!)
When You don't move the mountains
I'm needing You to move
When You don't part the waters
I wish I could walk through
When You don't give the answers
As I cry out to You
I will trust, I will trust, I will trust in You
Truth is, You know what tomorrow brings
There's not a day ahead You have not seen
So let all things be my life and breath
I want what You want Lord and nothing less
When You don't move the mountains
I'm needing You to move
When You don't part the waters
I wish I could walk through
When You don't give the answers
As I cry out to You
I will trust, I will trust, I will trust in You
I will trust in You

Trust in Him.


Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...