Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Peace beyond understanding

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- Philippians 4:7

According to the Bible, there is nothing wrong with realistically acknowledging and trying to deal with the identifiable problems of life.
To ignore danger is foolish and wrong.
The key word there is “realistically”, because it is also wrong, as well as unhealthy, to be immobilized by excessive worry.
There have been times when I am pretty sure that I let people down because I allow my anxiety to take control.
Sometimes, my anxiety keeps me from doing things that I really love, and that breaks my heart.
Such worry must be committed to prayer to God, who can release us from paralyzing fear or anxiety, and free us to deal realistically with the needs and welfare both of others and of ourselves.
Prayer is the antidote to anxiety, for prayer reminds us that God is ultimately in charge of everything.
Are you captured by your anxieties? Talk to Him, He is waiting for you.
How is your prayer life? Remember that we are supposed to pray without ceasing.
Peace that is beyond all of understanding is waiting for those who can cast their cares upon the One who cares for them.
And talking your way through the anxiety might just alleviate a bit of the stress.


Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...