Wednesday, February 14, 2024

center

Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.

- Romans 12:9 (NIV)

 

Obviously I am going to write about love today, it is Valentine’s day!
I have some friends that are vehemently opposed to this day, some because it has never brought anything but sadness, others because they are single.
I have friends who celebrate this day with everything they have because it is the birthday of a loved one (
Happy Birthday Dixie Jean! )
I’d like to look at it from a different angle for a moment. 
The Message translation of this verse reads 
Love from the center of who you are; don’t fake it. Run for dear life from evil; hold on for dear life to good. Be good friends who love deeply; practice playing second fiddle.
This isn’t about the kind of love you find in a sappy story, or the puppy love you have in grade school.

This is the love you have for others.

Love from the center of who you are.

Even if you don’t like what someone is doing, love them.

No matter if you have never seen them a day in your life, love them.

It hurts when people hurt you, love them anyway.

Don’t fake it.

Don’t pretend to care when you really don’t.

Lying is a form of evil.
Be good, do good. 
Love deeply, from the center of your heart. 

 

#dailybreadbykitty

Daily Inspiration from the Bible

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...