Thursday, February 8, 2024

so many

And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

- John 10:16 (NKJV)

 

At least twice in this century attempts have been made to form a continuous human chain across the contiguous United States.
You may or may not remember the campaigns in 1976 and again in 1986 called Hands Across America.
The unrelated events had different goals and results, in 1976 the plan was to celebrate the Bicentennial if the United States, but organizers only succeeded in setting up 8-10 miles of chains in and around Chicago.
In 1986, the campaign organized 5-6.5 million people hold hands for 15 minutes, donating $10 per person that were donated to local charities to fight hunger and homelessness.
For 15 minutes, everyone was the same. 

We are all His sheep, not one of us is better than the other.

God loves each one of us, loves us enough to run after us when we are lost.
We are one flock, and we have one Shepherd. 
Listen for His voice. 

 

#dailybreadbykitty

Daily Inspiration from the Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...