Tuesday, February 27, 2024

it’s ok to sleep

I lay down and slept; I awoke, for the Lord sustained me.

- Psalm 3:5 (NKJV)

 

Imagine finding yourself in the midst of danger, surrounded by enemies, people who want to hurt you.

A lot of people that want to not just hurt you but kill you.
If faced with that situation, would you be able to lie down and take a nap? 

King David did.
In the middle of fleeing from his son who wanted him dead, King David laid down and slept.
He knew that his Lord would protect Him even as his enemies surrounded him. 
When he woke up, he was refreshed, rejuvenated because his Lord protected him. 

Faith like that can only come from knowing God as your Father, having a relationship with Him.

Trusting God with your very life only happens when you are willing to give yourself to Him fully.
We can sleep, God will sustain us. 

Trust Him.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

Daily Inspiration from the Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...