Friday, February 2, 2024

count them

Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, “I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test!

- Malachi 3:10 (NLT)

 

Have you heard the expression “count your blessings”?

Usually, it is said to someone who is complaining about their current situation, to encourage them to think about how lucky they are compared to others.

Or how much worse things could be.  
How often though, do we count our own blessings? 
Here is a new song (yes, new! Just released in 2024!) by Seph Schlueter called “Counting My Blessings”:
It's like it was yesterday

I was a praying for a miracle

Scared to have a little hope

And now looking back today

Seeing all the things You've done

I can't even add them up

One, two, three up to infinity

I'd run out of numbers

Before I could thank You for everything

God, I'm still counting my blessings

For all that You've done in my life

The more that I look in the details

The more of Your goodness I find

Father on this side of heaven

I know that I'll run out of time

But I will keep counting my blessings

Knowing I can't count that high

And I know that seasons never last forever

So, God I will remember all of the reasons

My heart has to be grateful

All the times You've been faithful to me

God, I'm still counting my blessings

For all that You've done in my life

The more that I look in the details

The more of Your goodness I find

Father on this side of heaven

I know that I'll run out of time

But I will keep counting my blessings

Knowing I can't count that high
I first heard it on my way to the office, a couple of weeks ago. 
I am very cranky about going into the office, I would much rather work from home.
But you all know how God sends the right words at the right time. 
I am blessed to have a job. 
I am blessed to have the ability to work from home when the weather is bad, or I am not feeling well.
I am blessed to have a vehicle to get to work when I do need to go in. 
I am blessed to have a great boss (if you have been reading my “daily bread” for a while you know that was not always the case).
I am blessed. 
When I stop being selfish, look around my world and start to count my blessings, I quickly realize that I can’t count that high.
And it is not just because counting is math and I don’t do math, I really cannot count all the blessings I have been given in this life.
I bet, if you’re honest, you can’t count that high either. 

 

#dailybreadbykitty

Daily Inspiration from the Bible

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...