Friday, February 9, 2024

plants

The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God endures forever.

- Isaiah 40:8 (NIV) 

 

My grandmother and my mother could make any plant thrive.
When I was growing up, my mother had no less than 30 plants that she nurtured every day.
Some went outside in the spring and came back in during the fall, and some were inside all the time.

There were begonias, violets, airplane plants, aloe plants, spider plants (EWWWW) and even several kinds of cacti.
On the other hand, I can kill a plastic plant without effort. 

I’m not kidding.
Every plant I have ever had has died a noble death, but the word of God, it’s not going to die.
You can’t over water the word of God. 
You can’t give the word of God too much sun. 

The word of God does not freeze.
I may not be able to make a plant grow, but I can share the undying word of God and watch people grow in Him.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

Daily Inspiration from the Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...