Thursday, January 11, 2024

nothing can be everything

Our hearts ache, but we always have joy. We are poor, but we give spiritual riches to others. We own nothing, and yet we have everything.

- 2 Corinthians 6:10 (NLT)

 

There are a lot of people who, for lack of better terms, are going through hell right now.
Yet they stand strong in their faith and through their tears they continue to praise God.
Tough times, regardless of the kind of tough, financial, health, relationships, even depression can weigh heavily on us.
Paul was no stranger to suffering, he endured more than anyone could dream of today.

But he never stopped praising God.
Paul discovered that despite his sorrow, there was joy to be found. 
Regardless that he had no money, he was rich beyond measure. 

The fact that he had nothing meant nothing because he was overflowing with abundance from God.

In 1971, Dolly Parton released Coat of Many Colors, if you have never heard it you should look it up.
The last verse reads: 
But they didn't understand it

And I tried to make them see

That one is only poor

Only if they choose to be

Now I know we had no money

But I was rich as I could be

In my coat of many colors

My momma made for me

Made just for me
Our hearts may be filled with sorrow, our wallets may be empty, we may have nothing to call our own.

We can face our afflictions alone and wallow in self pity or we can turn to Jesus to find the joy in our lives and focus on that.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

Daily Inspiration from the Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...