Tuesday, January 9, 2024

well, that hurt

You can trust what your friend says, even when it hurts. But your enemies want to hurt you, even when they act nice.

- Proverbs 27:6 (ERV)

 

I chose the Easy-to-Read Version translation for this verse because I wanted to get your attention.
The King James Version reads “
Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.”

I do not like shopping, and I especially dislike shopping for clothes because I am always afraid that I will pick out something horrid and embarrass my husband when I wear it.
So, much to his dismay, I will beg him to go shopping with me. 
Lots of friends have offered to go with me but I really trust my husband to give me his honest opinion, no matter how much it might hurt my feelings.
What a weird analogy for a Bible verse. 

But wait, there’s more.
I hear a lot of people say that they don’t go to church because the church is full of hypocrites.
People say that they don’t believe in organized religion. 

Some say that they can read the Bible just fine by themselves, they don’t need someone to tell them what it says.
Well guess what? 
That is exactly what the enemy wants you to believe. 
If I come to you and say that you need to find a church home, I am saying it out of love.

We can’t learn the Bible on our own, we need the knowledge and understanding of others to help us along the way.
When your friend tells you that you don’t need a church, or a Bible study, or like-minded friends, they aren’t really your friend, they are trying to pull you further from God’s word.
As Christ followers we need to encourage others to follow Christ too, even when they feel that we are being mean.
I saw this on Facebook a few weeks ago: 
Satan says: You have disappointed God too many times. Give up.
God says: I knew everything you would do before you were born, and still called you. I’m not finished with you.

Let that sink in.  

 

#dailybreadbykitty

Daily Inspiration from the Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...