Monday, January 22, 2024

refined

He will sit as a refiner and a purifier of silver; He will purify the sons of Levi, And purge them as gold and silver, That they may offer to the Lord An offering in righteousness.

- Malachi 3:3 (NKJV)

 

Here are three definitions of the word refined:
Elegant and cultured in appearance, manner, or taste: if you say that someone is refined, you mean that they are very polite and have good manners and good taste.
Developed or improved so as to be precise or subtle: characteristics of a courteous, polished and honorable man.
With impurities or unwanted elements having been removed by processing: refined sugar or grain or precious metals like gold or silver.

In 2019 The Worship Project released “Refiner’s Fire”:
Purify my heart

Let me be as gold

And precious silver

Purify my heart

Let me be as gold

Pure gold

Refiner's fire

My heart's one desire

Is to be holy

Set apart for you Lord

I choose to be holy

Set apart for you my master

Ready to do your will

Purify my heart

Cleanse me from within

And make me holy

Purify my heart

Cleanse me from my sin

Deep within

Refiner's fire

My heart's one desire

Is to be holy

Set apart for you Lord

I choose to be holy

Set apart for you my master

Ready to do your will

Refiner's fire

My heart's one desire

Is to be holy

Set apart for you Lord

I choose to be holy

Set apart for you my master

Ready to do your will

And I am ready to do your will

Make me ready to do your will
Gold in its pure form is very soft, too soft to make jewelry or coins, so to make gold harder and stronger manufacturers add things like platinum, silver or copper.

But when the jewelry or coins are no longer useful, they are refined to pull those impurities out and leave the pure gold.
The refining process includes fire 1,000 – 1,200
°C (that is 1,832 - 2,192°F), that is really, really hot!
Fortunately, we do not have to go through fire because God purified us by sending His Son to wash away our sin.

We should choose to be set apart for Him.

#dailybreadbykitty

Daily Inspiration from the Bible

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...