Tuesday, January 23, 2024

words as weapons

Weapons made to attack you won't be successful; words spoken against you won't hurt at all. My servants, Jerusalem is yours! I, the Lord, promise to bless you with victory.

- Isaiah 54:17 (CEV)

 

Over the years I have held multiple roles in different organizations and various positions at work.

Something that seems to never change no matter what sort of role we have and that is people we deal with on a regular basis can be vicious and dramatic.

I have learned that people can be very mean, and sometimes they are mean without even trying.

I’ve had people use words as weapons against me and it did hurt.

I’ve been told the choices and decisions I made were wrong for a group I was leading, that I was not making the group a priority, that I was no longer needed in a role that truly made my heart glad. 

I’ve been given an ultimatum on my participation and on more than one occasion I have left groups that I loved based on someone else’s behavior.

I know that I am not the only one that sees this happening and I know I am not the only one experiencing these sorts of weapons.

I also know this: wounds heal.

Scars may remain but we can pull ourselves together and know that we are strong in the Lord.

For those that use their words and actions as weapons I implore you to think before you speak or act.

If you have wronged someone – even if you feel that you were right – apologize for your behavior.

A true heartfelt apology – not “I’m sorry if your feelings were hurt” but “I am sorry for what I said or did and I’m sorry for hurting you”.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

Daily Inspiration from the Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...