Wednesday, January 17, 2024

running water

But let justice run down like water, And righteousness like a mighty stream.

- Amos 5:24 (NKJV)

 

Some verses in the Book of Amos very strongly denounce religious hypocrisy and economic inequality.

The prophet Amos lashes out against those who have become rich at the expense of the poor and then act all religious.

Amos 5 is a call to repentance, telling us to seek the Lord, three times in fact, this chapter says, “seek the Lord and live”.
I believe that justice in this verse is referring to washing away the sin of the world.

Running water is often associated with purification, cleansing and renewal, symbolizing the flow of life, the washing away of impurities.
What can wash away my sin? 
Nothing but the blood of Jesus. (yes, that is indeed a song reference.) 

 

#dailybreadbykitty

Daily Inspiration from the Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...